07 February 2011

Beginning at the beginning

I have started this blog because I'd like to be in conversation with others who are using Godly Play. When I come home from the flea market, thrilled to have found a doll-sized christening gown, I want to be able to post a picture here. And when I find out three hours before church that the venue I was planning to use had been booked for someone else, I want to be able to grouse a little here (although I've read enough blogs to know that I ought to be careful about posting while irked). I worry a little that my long-suffering partner is subjected to more than enough of my burble about junior church and Godly Play, so thought that this would be another good outlet for me. Besides, I want to share my friends and family some of what I've been doing.

A little background: I completed a three-day training course in Godly Play in late winter, 2010. Soon thereafter I led a one-day retreat for some adults in my congregation, held in a Godly Play classroom in a nearby town. Bit by big, I began "infiltrating" the junior church program with Godly Play stories and ideas. In some ways that was easy to do, because I was the junior church program! (We are a very small congregation.) In other ways it was hard to do, because we had no space to set aside for the children. But gradually, things are changing. And that's what I intend this blog to be about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for conversing with me about Godly Play®! I do moderate some comments for the sake of the children I write about. Please be polite: to quote the Velveteen Rabbi, Whatever you're going to say in response to my posts, consider whether it's the sort of thing you would say to your host or their children if you'd been invited to someone's home for tea. If it isn't, then please don't say it here.

If you're new to commenting on blogs, I recommend that you "Comment as" Name/URL. You can use your real first name or a nickname. URL is the address of a website that you want to be linked with your name - feel free to leave it blank. Before your comment is accepted, you have to pass a spam filter. After clicking on 'post comment' or 'preview', just type in the sequence of letters you will then see (or click on the wheelchair for a recording of characters to type). Thanks for reading and commenting!